[Stoves] Lanny Henson's School Lunch Cooker #2

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 7 20:20:06 CDT 2013

Crispin,

I do not know the heat transfer efficiency. The pot shell is a compromise
between HTE and functionality witch will be more apparent in the 3rd video.

A tight fitting pot skirt or a finshell would improve the efficiency along
with the pot shell and that is a possibility but I am not sure if it is
worth the extra expense and hassle. The pot shell totally encloses the pot
and heats the pot from the top as well as the sides and bottom. The pot
shell also allows cooking outside in the rain. A pot skirt could interfere
with moving the pot so that could be a problem. A fin shell stays on the pot
and does dramatically increase the efficiency if you can build one. Here is
a fin shell on my "Pop Up Fosters Pot" ultra light back pack alcohol stove
which cooks 600 grams of rice with one table spoon of alcohol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMG2PQ4emI

If you can build them out of something other than thin aluminum which will
melt when using alcohol, they would improve the efficiency of any stove.

Lanny