[Stoves] Lanny Henson's School Lunch Cooker #2

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 7 23:41:21 CDT 2013

Lanny, and all Stovers,

Excellent presentation of an fine contribution to address the issues of
institutional-size cookers.

Institutional stoves are one of the focal topics at this year's
Aprovecho Stove Camp, under the leadership of Fred Colgan and his
InStove team.   This video will for sure be included in the content for
all participants to see and discuss.   The video gives numbers and shows
alternatives and will raise questions for discussions.

I ask Mike and Dean at Aprovecho to please forward this message to all
who have registered for the Stove Camp (because some might not be
subscribed to the Stoves Listserv).

Many questions and comments, but just 2 here:

1.  Comment:  40 quarts are essentially 40 liters.  InStove has 60 liter
and 100 liter products.  There are also 200 liter and larger
institutional stoves.  How we as Stove designers address these size
issues will be a great discussion at Stove Camp (and on the Stove Listserv.)

2.  Question/request:  Lanny, please provide more info about how your
design does not have primary air entering below and therefore does not
have a grate (if I understood correctly from the video).   And how is
the created charcoal removed?

To all:   THIS type of stove design and testing content is what the
Stoves Listserv is truly about.

Paul     (Still in Uganda, so slightly out of time, but I will be at
Stove Camp with additional institutional stove content.)

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com