[Stoves] Cajun Rocket Pot

Alex English english at kingston.net
Tue Jul 30 16:43:34 CDT 2013

As another example, I have seen the varnished pot bottom after use with
a fan assisted TLUD on low fire. At high fire there was none and that is
with dry pellets. Both had no visible emission. I felt it was excess air
and/or sneekage around the small flame that caused it. Turbulence was
high with pre-heated secondary air. Perhaps the firing range of a TLUD
can be expanded and remain minimal in "varnish", soot and CO, however I
am of the opinion that there is only one tuned sweet spot for any burner
and all other burn rates and air adjustments are a compromise unless
there is also a change in the structure of the burner.  We need numbers
on the scale of the compromise.

Is varnish a good conductor?

Alex