[Stoves] Between PM 2.5 and PM 10

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Tue Jun 4 19:31:32 CDT 2013

Dear Paul,

  PM is Micron PARTICLE SIZE MATTER not Total mass weight !
Matter SEPARATES in two :the ether soluble oils  and crystals PACs and the
non soluble PARTICLES refered to CLEEN CARBON .
The name is CARBON and the DANGER comes from the oil attached to the carbon
or without carbon .
Compairing can be done in massa weights totals.
But compairing danger must be done between dangerous molecules massa only .
Massa from evaporated ether extracts of blacking ether after extraction the
masses from special ultra filters in aspirators with known M3 /h .
Exemple Room  20 M3  Aspirator 100 m3/h clean filter 1 gram ;
Filter after 24 h =2 gram
Wash the filter in 100 ml methylether .
0,5 gram washed carbon and O,5 gram peck is the result after evaporating the
ether .

Repeat the test with 10 smokers smoking 100 sigaretes a day together stat
the coockfire woodstove .

Now you can calculate and compare and disscus science .!

Mind CANCER is a RISK !
Cigarettes +asbest is not 2 but 4 ! EXPONENTIAL RISK .
Exclude cigarettes and make a good chimney  ...
Thermites can !

Regards
Frans

I think someone told me that <2.5 PM cannot be seen.   But if there is a
lot of it, is it visibly detectable (like the haze of a smoky room, or
is that just the larger particles that we are seeing?)

Related question:  For a small child besides it mother in a smoky
cooking shack, cooking "typically" 2 - 3 times per day, what is the
"equivalent" as expressed in cigarettes smoked per day?         And can
that be expressed as equivalent of SECONDARY smoke from being in a room
with smokers in it (but that becomes confused because of room size and
number of smokers in it)?

I am trying to visualize this as a mother/cook smoking cigarettes, and
as a baby or a 2-year old child smoking cigarettes (an unnatural but
powerful visual image).