[Stoves] Between PM 2.5 and PM 10

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:30:12 CDT 2013

Thank you to Kirk Smith for his reply (below for all Stove Listmembers
to read).

I think someone told me that <2.5 PM cannot be seen.   But if there is a
lot of it, is it visibly detectable (like the haze of a smoky room, or
is that just the larger particles that we are seeing?)

Related question:  For a small child besides it mother in a smoky
cooking shack, cooking "typically" 2 - 3 times per day, what is the
"equivalent" as expressed in cigarettes smoked per day?         And can
that be expressed as equivalent of SECONDARY smoke from being in a room
with smokers in it (but that becomes confused because of room size and
number of smokers in it)?

I am trying to visualize this as a mother/cook smoking cigarettes, and
as a baby or a 2-year old child smoking cigarettes (an unnatural but
powerful visual image).

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072