[Stoves] Between PM 2.5 and PM 10

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:17:49 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 10:10:44 -0700,Dean Still
<deankstill at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>As seen in the Jetter graphs, fan stoves like the Oorja and Philips
>produced more fine particles compared to the natural draft TLUD which was
>low in ultra fine particles. The new IWA tests require filter measurement
>of PM so ultra fine particles are captured and counted. Particle color can
>also be seen on the filters. Sometimes blond particulate matter
>predominates in fan stoves which is interesting.

This is interesting, we speculated many years back that fanned stoves
may increase the amount of fly ash, which one would expect to be grey.
At the time Tami explained it was the PICs from poor secondary
combustion which were of concern to health but fine, predominantly
silica dust, would be a concern too.

AJH