[Stoves] Burning wet wood

Andreatta, Dale A. dandreatta at sealimited.com
Wed Jun 12 10:39:08 CDT 2013

Have we ever looked at the question of how to design a stove to burn
wood that is higher in moisture?  It would seem that this is very
important practical issue, and that a stove that could burn wet wood
would be very popular.  What makes a stove burn wet wood well or poorly?
The only time I remember someone saying something about this was
Crispin, who I believe said recently that preheating the primary air
makes it possible to burn wetter wood.  This would be easy with a batch
stove, harder with continuous feed.  Other than that, I can think of a
couple things that might help burn wetter wood.

Dale Andreatta