[Stoves] Chimneys, rice husks

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 16:37:30 CDT 2013

Well said Lanny

>A draft diverter is small enough to heat with a small stove and create enough draft, but does not add draft to the stack below the draft diverter. If the upper chimney section it too hot and has more draft than the lower chimney the upper pipe draws in some room air through the draft diverter.

Draft diverters also help with wind blowing back down your stack.

We are experimenting in Indonesia with draft-operated buoyancy balancers to limit the pull to the ideal even when combustion conditions change in the large wood stoves. They are easy and cheap to make. They are mounted on the side of the stack of all oil furnaces.