[Stoves] Chimneys, rice husks

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 17:02:38 CDT 2013

[Default] On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:37:30 -0400,"Crispin
Pemberton-Pigott" <crispinpigott at gmail.com> wrote:

>We are experimenting in Indonesia with draft-operated buoyancy balancers to limit the pull to the ideal even when combustion conditions change in the large wood stoves. They are easy and cheap to make. They are mounted on the side of the stack of all oil furnaces.

We have used them on pellet stoves (which have their own id fans) to
limit draught on an insulated ss chimney that rose through 4 floors. I
wasn't entirely happy with the idea as it raised the possibility of
the boiler room getting combustion products if the seal wasn't good, I
would have been happier if the air was sucked from outside. In fact
there was subsequently a problem but this was down to poor
maintenance.

AJH