[Stoves] [biochar] First report from Phnom Penh

Otto Formo terra-matricula at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:57:00 CDT 2013

Dear Ron and all,
The stove, you mentioned in point 3, presented by Sonta (Zambia) from Emerging Cooking Solution (Sweden), is a kopy of the "well known", "Peko Pe", which "nobody" seems to know about or recognice.
We have improved the stove and have a 9L with a regulater for high and low blast.A TEG is in the pipeline, too and it can compete with any other stove, when it comes to price (10-15 Euros), efficiency and clean burning AND CHAR makeing.
Jan Soerensen, from New Energy Systems, is representing MIOMBO Ltd in Phnom Pehn.
Sometime back (2012), I send a copy of our pilot project on "Biochar production using the Peko Pe gasifier in Zambia", based on Corncobs as fuel, to your organisation, IBI, International Bio-Char Initiative.So far, we have not have heard anything......................
Have a nice "eyeopener" in Cambodia.
Otto