[Stoves] [biochar] First report from Phnom Penh

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 17:50:24 CDT 2013

Dear Otto

Later today (Thursday) there will be a demonstration of stoves outside. Perhaps there will be a demonstration of a Peko Pe? I hope so.

I brought a stove from Indonesia but it went straight to GERES for testing and evaluation.
There are a lot of people here and it is impossible to see everything. There was some very interesting work presented on field measurements.

It was interesting also to hear from manufacturers and test labs that only portions of tests are used for cost reasons, for example thermal efficiency only. We should be using an agreed thermal efficiency tool designed specifically for this purpose.

I have circulated a proposal in this regard.

Having fun
Crispin