[Stoves] [biochar] Charcoal as space filler in TLUD reactors

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon May 6 11:15:18 CDT 2013

Kevin,

Of course different fuel preparation (such as chopping) is an option.
But I am referring to when such preparation is not very convenient or
maybe is not even an option.

In my mind, there is mainly biomass fuel in the chamber, and the filler
(charcoal or other) is relatively little.  Extreme cases can always be
named and found to be lacking or difficult.

We deal with an imperfect world with imperfect stoves and imperfect
fuels (except when significant processing takes place).

More hands-on experimentation needs to be done with charcoal as a space
filler before these debates of "what if..." can be of much use.

Paul

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com