[Stoves] In praise of kerosene

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat May 11 07:29:49 CDT 2013

[Default] On Sat, 11 May 2013 12:04:07 +0100,Steve Taylor
<steve at thetaylorfamily.org.uk> wrote:

>Or. 0.04%

Which is 25% higher than it was when I was at School

>Since we are all in favour of burning bio-mass, shouldn't we prefer a higher level of CO2, which would significantly promote plant growth, and encourage the growth of the stuff we want to burn ?

In practice this hasn't happened but imo the more urgent effects are
to do with the equilibrium with the surface waters of the oceans, some
45% of the recently emitted CO2 has ended up in sea water as carbonic
acid. This is a significant change in how marine life functions to
sequester carbon and contribute to food chains as ocean pH sinks.

Still not relevant to[stoves] though.

AJH