[Stoves] FW: REQUEST for complete sets of raw data of cookstove tests.

Tuong DoDuc tuong.do at devi-renewable.com
Tue May 14 23:54:44 CDT 2013

Dear Paul Oliver and others,

Following the discussion on TLUD and gasifier testing, I found your
interesting comment:

*"Here in Vietnam it is quite common the see pyrolyzers with one or more remote
burners. The syngas from these units is cooled down and routed through PVC
pipes to remote burners. Most of the heat contained in the gas is lost, and
the process temperature is so low that a lot of oils are formed and
condense out in this cooling process. Generally these oils are used for
nothing and have none of the value of either syngas or biochar. Both the
cooling down of the gas and the production of oils represent a considerable
inefficiency. *

*So how does one measure the efficiency of a stove? This is not an
easyquestion to answer."*

We are going to test: efficiency, emission for 04 different rice-husk
gasifiers and one tradditional husk stove. See photo of stoves:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1ku4gk91a12fjm/TESTING_gasifiers_SNV.pdf

I am very new to the stove list, and therefore, I miss a lot of
interesting discussion.

To reduce time for digging in old emails, I would like to ask for your
recommendation on a simplified WBT that could be applied for husk TLUD
and the seperate burner stove you mention.

1. Thermal efficiency:Our first idea is to run the stoves with two
different fan speed modes. Full speed and minimum speed.

Other indicators: time to boil (5litre water,fuel consumption rate,
char making rate...)

2. Emission: CO, CO2, NOx, and SOx will be measured (mmg/m3), a hood
will be used (designed according to the guideline in WBT protocol
4.2.0 version)

Thank you very much,

Tuong

 Do Duc Tuong

Renewable Energy Advisor

 *SNV Netherlands Development Organisation*

M +84982768366 | Email: tdo at snvworld.org

Linkedin: http://vn.linkedin.com/in/tuongdoduc