[Stoves] Green Steam Engine

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Wed May 15 07:56:24 CDT 2013

Steamers and wannabees,

to get in touch with simple steam technique, try to match a common rotary vane compressor/motor to a steam source and couple whatever you need to the shaft.

You can find them in many old agricultural applications, such as the commom and garden " mucksucker".

Some will run on straight steam, lubricated by the little condensation you always have, for others a steam oiler and condensate oil recovering system can be helpful.

Ah, and I doubt the efficiency numbers given some posts back. Even in compound mode and with recovery, 15 % in a small scale application is great!

The GEK people claim 27 % with their gasifier and a high comptression engine- at certain points- if I remember well.

And that is wonderful !

Happy steaming...

Rolf

--