[Stoves] Green Steam Engine

David G. LeVine dlevine at speakeasy.net
Thu May 16 00:02:45 CDT 2013

On 05/15/2013 02:09 AM, Paul Anderson wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Very interesting.
>
> Cost for unit and output?
>
> Some technical people who understand stoves should please comment on
> this as functional or not.   Cost is a secondary issue when electrical
> power is small quantities are possible!!!
>
> Paul

Let me point out, a license, plans and parts will cost in excess of $125
USD.  This assumes additional parts costs will be minimal. This also
assumes 4 HP (2 KW) will be sufficient (an uninspected boiler is
generally in violation of law above these values.)

A generator head should be $300-$500, add in a boiler, feedwater
processing, etc. and the cost must be well in excess of $1,000 USD. This
sounds like an impossible hurtle to overcome.

Am I mistaken in some way in this analysis?

Dave  8{)

advice."

Bill Cosby