[Stoves] Natural draft TLUD w/ secondary air slot

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Thu May 23 12:23:45 CDT 2013

Crispin,

I have not explore controls for air flows with natural draft units.  Clearly both secondary and primary air could be controlled by variable aperture air supplies.  The Big Green Egg and some Weber units offer this.

I  just have not tried it .... yet.

Obviously the multi-speed  fan powered units have turn down ratios.

One take away is that it would probably be good to have independent controls for both Primary and Secondary air regardless of the nature of the draft - forced or natural.    In my experience, stove performance is very sensitive to the interaction of the two.

Regards,

Jock