[Stoves] Advancement of "better" stoves

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Tue May 28 12:25:34 CDT 2013

Amigos of the next best stove idea…

The recent ongoing multi-sourced probe of Ron Larsen's stove, seems like a debate  about the "open share" versus "private ownership" model  eh ?

A few thoughts on this based on what is happening with us as we go on now 16 years of briquette technology development, training and extension.

By virtue of broad exposure, you demonstrate "common knowledge".  in some cases "prior knowledge" of the invention (at least in part, as most all "new ideas" are a result of someones refurmulation of their agglomerated previous exposure eh ?)
So where does that leave one as "inventor" ? Anyone can eventually copy you if not almost immediately do so.. What they cannot do is provide the service support and the passion that you put into your idea…
Sometimes when we purchase something (quality, cost and performance being near equal), we are buying the owner's service and love of it as well. I do not think that these qulities can be codified and replicated on a 3d printer much less patented. The ideas 'protection' becomes the owner's own reputation for character and quality of support.

We follow this model and try to encourage our fellow briquetters to do the same with their own ideas.. In this form as it is emerging, one would sell locally, make and sell   instructional manuals  anywhere and but agree to share their "ideas" globally.   The security is ironically in the exchange… We have had dozens of copycats and self styled individuals, students, missionares, and institutional inventors of briquetting pop up all over the place but few have the support network to backstop the would be buyer…
MAybe they develop it maybe not…If they do a good job then we try to link to them and build it. Meanwhile global exposure to the concept --hence awareness and market interest grows.. They can become your best advertisers !

 Peace love and joy ---with a full stomach.

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org