[Stoves] stoves by the millions

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu May 30 17:03:09 CDT 2013

Trevor: with ccs

I am anxious to hear also from Tom G - also a friend.

In the meantime, I suggest your thinking about cast two-hole concrete blocks. I have been to Majuro several times and have a vague feeling that they are or could be made there now, given (maybe) a need for not much more than water, sand and sea shells (or pebbles).and of course cement, which I am sure you have easy access to - maybe even blocks (which are super cheap).

I have successfully run a TLUD design using one block above another (with nails as separators below and between) several times, even a few months ago. No breakage apparent, but I have never run one long term for life testing. They remained relatively cool to the touch.

I can't recall seeing this approach ever mentioned on this list. Anyone?

Ron