[Stoves] Making smoke in 2013?

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 11 08:13:28 CST 2013

Richard,

One observation that does not refute anything you wrote, except to point
out that the TLUD micro-gasifers are somewhat different regarding the
re-circulation (re-processing) of created char being put into new
briquettes.

Essentially, char that is mixed into a fuel briquetted will pass through
the pyrolysis process of a TLUD without being burned.  And TLUDs are not
intended to be charcoal burners.  Therefore, char that is created in
TLUDs should either be used as biochar or be burned (as briquettes or as
whole pieces of char) in stoves specifically designed to burn charcoal.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com