[Stoves] In search for a stove model for the disaster in the Philippines

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Tue Nov 12 18:06:41 CST 2013

Hello list,

Thanks for correcting me about the SODIS method, it's not pasteurization, I
misremembered that.  To sum up Nari Phaltan's paper their recommendation was
to filter water through 4 sari layers and then heat to 55C for 45 minutes.
(Although they noticed improvement after 15 minutes, 45 minutes is best).

Thank you Lanny and Frans for reminding me of this Institutional Rocket
Stove calculator:

http://www.rocketstove.org/index.php/institutional-stoves

Are there other members on the list that may have access to good plans for
Jed that they can share in email with him directly?
(jed.building.bridges at gmail.com ) He may have limited connectivity, so
smaller messages are probably better.

Also - anything we can do to aid Rebecca, would be wonderful as well. My
earlier email with the pots was based on my sitting down and reflecting for
a moment that she may be able to source them quite a bit closer to where she
is than the west coast of the USA which is where I'm sitting as I type.

Thank you for your help,

Erin Rasmussen

erin at trmiles.com