[Stoves] Making smoke in 2013?

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 03:14:17 CST 2013

Hi All,

Would anybody be able to clarify from an emissions standpoint, (and
honestly I am not sure I understand it completely) is wood smoke is 'food'
for tree's? If so, take my small stove business - if I sell 100 stoves in a
month that in total will use say - 1 ton of biomass (charcoal so perhaps 7
tons of wood). How many tree's would myself and my customers need to plant
every month to not only achieve a positive feedback loop of increased
biomass but be able to 100% reduce the emissions produced?

Is this even possible? I feel very strongly that woodfuel stove
manufacturers and users should be responsible for replanting, growing and
advocating tree planting as a future source of renewable energy, if only
for our own job security. I am also very interested in finding out how one
can actually measure the number of tree's needed to be grown compared to
the number of stoves in use? (especially if the woodlot is managed under a
pruning/coppicing regime).

many thanks for any thoughts,

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*