[Stoves] Food for Africa.

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Sat Nov 16 19:39:20 CST 2013

Richard,
    Great web site, and I've only scanned the first  page so far. Their
principals were built into my concept of a " Carefree  Lnadscape." 30 years
ago. When Chemlawn was spraying whole lawns with lots of  chemicals, I talked
to Ohio State people at a recertification seminar about how  I used a hand
sprayer and just hit the problem spots.
     The next year they started promoting a  program called " IPM" or
"intigrated pest management". That concept really upset  the chemical industrial
complex, but it was a great approach to meeting Mother  Nature halfway. A
lot of PhD''s work on 1000's of plant pests life  cycles, was suddenly
unleashed from the closets and into the environment.  It was the great awakening of
the modern farming era. I had heard of the term  Permiculture but didn't
pay much attention ot it. I guess they have a name for  it all now. I just
called it the re- search for Shangri- La.
    The key to getting my idea across, is that I  explained how much money
and time I was saving over just dumping chemicals  randomly to see what
worked. I spent the next 30 years learning how not to use  chemicals. I've only
scratched the surface.

    Dan Dimiduk

In a message dated 11/16/2013 9:04:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,