[Stoves] planting trees ( the way I'd do it 1, 000, 000, 000 years from now)

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 20:57:35 CST 2013

Dear AD

What are the numbers for the charcoal dust producers working with sugar cane
leaves?

Price paid for char dust

Price for processing to produce a saleable product

Price paid by customers

Thanks
Crispin

Dear Kevin,

at least in my State (Maharashtra, India), there are some 150 factories
which compress agricultural waste into fuel briquettes. They pay farmers
Rs.2000 per ton (about US$33) for the agri-waste, so that the farmers
transport it at their own cost to the factory. Industries use these
briquettes as boiler fuel. Using biomass briquettes costs only 30% of what
one would pay for fuel oil.
Yours

A.D.Karve