[Stoves] Fwd: Coming Together in Support of the UN

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Oct 10 08:47:59 CDT 2013

1.     The second bullet in the right column leads one to this youtube, with Hillary Clinton talking for about 10 minutes on clean cookstoves as she accepts heading a new stove advisory group:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSg6Wr-V0s

2.     A new data point for me is her saying that stove-caused deaths have been recently moved up from 2 million per year to 4 million.  I believe Kirk Smith had moved the number up to 2 million from 1 million only this year.

3.    She also mentioned a new $4 million for stove manufacturers.

4.  As the head of the UN Foundation mentioned, I can't think of anyone in the world better able to put emphasis on the importance of stoves.  I though Julia Roberts was a real bonus, but this announcement seems an order of magnitude bigger.

Ron

Begin forwarded message: