[Stoves] Shields E450c as a way to test char-making stoves (attn: GACC testers)

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Oct 13 22:05:01 CDT 2013

Crispin and list and Alex

     I suppose that this below might be a help - but I remain confused.  I keep trying to insert the word charcoal (oranges in Jim Jetter's language) into this dialog and I don't see it below.  Also I don't see it in a different but similar message from you today.

   Could you clarify on whether you are or are not happy with Jim Jetter's slide 46 in the way in which intentional char production is occurring and Jim's reporting of that number - in energy units?

   Not quite the same, but if a stove does cooking, space heating (new idea below) and makes charcoal - I assume that char would still be of zero value then?

    Or how should the conscientious stove tester handle your phrase in the second row if he/she sees before him/her three (not two) piles:  (assume partially torified) wood, char, ash?  Is char in your first pile or the second or not in either?
   'Energy in the fuel remaining, divided in to two portions: usable fuel and unusable waste"

   I'd also like to better understand the burn cycle needed to get turn-down ratio -  in your final sentence.

To Alex English - I am working on your head-of-a-pin question - but need the data above to answer fully.

Ron