[Stoves] Thermal efficiency

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:08:35 CDT 2013

Hi Frank,

We test stoves several times a day here at the lab usually following an
iterative design process to improve performance and decrease emissions of
CO and PM. As far as I can tell, boiling and simmering water and tracking
fuel use and emissions works OK but the real measure is using the CCT with
real cooks, making their favorite food under the emission hood. Then we're
a lot closer to seeing actual performance compared to the traditional
stove. The CCT gets the lab into the field and the field into the lab which
gets us closer to predictive data.

Best,

Dean