[Stoves] Some examples of Kelly Kettles

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:08:31 MDT 2013

1.       Dear Friends

2.      This is from a long discussion on Kelly Kettles that I found this
morning.

3.      Regards
Crispin

4.      tallbloke <http://tallbloke.wordpress.com/>  says:

May 10, 2011 at 3:54 am
<http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/05/10/the-magic-cookpot/#comment-657048>

Here’s a couple of images of the ultralightweight kelly kettles and alcohol
stoves I make from beer and energy drink cans for my backpacking
expeditions.

http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1218618150_0
7167.jpg
Capacity two cups, boils in 3.5 minutes using 12.5g of 95% pure alcohol.
Efficiency is 63%. The kettle and stove setup weighs under 3oz.

http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1219072939_0
7233.jpg
Capacity 1 cup, boils in 4 minutes is 6g of 95% pure alcohol. Efficiency is
around 67%. The kettle and stove setup weighs under 1 1/4oz

I also have a 4 1/2oz wood burning version made from an aluminium drinks
bottle.
http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1200954209_0
4394.jpg
The double skinned gasifying woodstove it sits on is made from a syrup can
and weighs 5oz. I now make titanium woodstoves from 0.005″ material. They
weigh under 2oz.

Finally, and not for the faint hearted. Me on a snowy mountain top
demonstrating the all weather applicability of the design:
http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1288706825_3
2605.jpg