[Stoves] Swan-stove, HoleyRoket stove, JED Guinto

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:49:15 CDT 2013

Dear Gus

A vehicle analyser does not have the correct ranges for stove testing,
though the same machine can be ordered with different configurations. You
need a combustion analyser for furnaces and stoves.

Automobile tester have N2 and NOx which you don't need at all. You need a
high CO level (30,000 to 40,000 ppm) and when you can afford it, NDIR
technology for measuring the CO and CO2.

The utter minimum is O2 because that way you can tune the stove for excess
air. Next you want O2+CO. With CO alone you learn nothing because you have
no idea how diluted the sample is. You can use CO2 and CO by themselves
though the math is different and harder. You have to know more about the
fuel chemistry.

Check with me before buying anything, OK? Free advice.

Crispin I was wandering the same long time ago, I can get one of the
vehicles analizer for almost nothing old model of course.

if that help I will tried to get one asap.

Gus