[Stoves] Pot stability from bumping/ Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 25 12:18:48 CDT 2013

Possible solution for stove bumping and dislodging the pot.

The pot holder is attached to the stove or burner.

The pot holder extends out past the pot.

A pot shell or pot skirt sits on the stove top just beyond the pot holders so the pot holders stops the pot skirt from moving.

The pot skirt stops the pot from moving too far.

Crispin are you using a pot skirt?

A pot skirt or a pot shell is the least expensive way to improve a stoves efficiency in my opinion, but the stove top needs to be larger than the pot so the skirt has a place to rest.

I did this with my School Lunch Cooker but I was not thinking about safety at the time, it just worked out that way.

Lanny