[Stoves] gas wick, first try

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:46:16 CDT 2014

Hello Jock et al;

I have had a go with the two washers method, without the copper pipe in
between them.  What I observed was that some of the flames came up the
sides and didn't mix well.  So what I did was put the a concentrator lid
back on (See attached photo). Now what I have is:

1) top washer in the chimney
2) concentrator disk
3) bottom washer below the secondary air jets, but above the fuel bed.

With the concentrator disk, the flames are forced into the middle as
before, where there is mixing, but then forced apart again as they pass the
upper disk.

What concerns, me though is that the increased resistance to air flow has
reduced the power output from the stove.

Tomorrow, I will run some reps with and without the gas wick gizmo to
measure the rate of fuel consumption.

Cheers,
Julien

--