[Stoves] TLUD Syngas Flame and the Red-Hot Chimney in a Kerosene Heater.

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:50:22 CDT 2014

Hello stoves;

I have a Kero-Sun Radiant 10 kerosene heater that I have for emergency use,
incase we get a power failure in the wintertime.  Fortunately I have never
had to use it.

It is possible to use it indoors in a room with some ventilation, because
the CO emissions are low.  When it burns, it heats up a perforated two
metal cylinders and a metal coil on top until they become red hot.

A Youtube video of the stove is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT5WD2MW6_o

The perforated metal cylinders are illustrated on page 6 and page 15 of the
owner's manual for a Radiant 10 (Type K, L, M):
https://www.toyotomiusa.com/OwnersManuals/Portable%20Heaters/Name%20begins%20with%20Radiant/Radiant%2010%20(Type%20K,%20L,%20M).pdf

A similar stove is the Dyna Glo 10000BTU Radiant Kerosene Heater for which
there is a Youtube video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgokWfBToPw

I was wondering if anyone knows what these red hot metal pieces are, if
they can act to improve combustion efficiency, and if this kind of thing
could be used to get a natural draft TLUD to burn with lower emissions of
tar and soot?

Cheers,
Julien.

--