[Stoves] Char from coir Re: Biochar Inquiry

Crispin Pembert-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Apr 15 14:57:39 CDT 2014

Dear Michael

That is exactly the sort of thing that will be easy to build - it has to be
big enough so that the size of the raw fuel is not an issue.  At YDD in
Indonesia they have a 300 kW gasifier for burning biowaste from palm kernel
harvesting. The pieces are about 8-10" square, roughly. They chop them in
two - that's it, and they will feed into the machine which is a continuous
process gasifier.

As I have said before I would like to see a shell fired retort drying the
copra and leaving charcoal as a secondary sale item

Michael