[Stoves] 18 sec.:hot, clean, syngas combustion

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Fri Apr 25 23:44:38 CDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 01:46:35PM -0400, Jock Gill wrote:
> I removed the top plate from my large FXJ burner, replaced the 5 inch
> central pipe with a 3 inch tall pipe (copper), and added an off the
> shelf stainless steel drain strainer with an OD of about 4 ⅜ inches.

I bought some stainless drain strainers at the hardware store the other
day, thinking "these may be useful for stoves."  A good hunch? :-)

I don't think I understand the physics of the strainer in the stove.
How is the strainer interacting with the system to improve combustion?

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung at pobox.com    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981