[Stoves] Trials on TLUD Gas Burners - Counter Current Flow

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sun Aug 3 06:23:35 CDT 2014

Dear Julien

Thank is exactly the layout John Davies arrived at with his packed bed gasifier. Importantly, he decided to control the power by bleeding air into the stack because he was not cooking with the heat after that point, he was space heating.

He accomplished cooking by making the bottom of the pot a portion of the stack, meaning the gas path went to the side with the exposed pot there, then a vertical chimney.

The clean burn part was the down-inclined into the rising gas stream producing turbulence. It also tends to burn some of the char on top which keeps the flame going under various circumstances.

It is 'close-coupled'.

Good to hear you also found the arrangement produces the effect you need.

BBM 2B567CC3