[Stoves] Trials on TLUD Gas Burners - Counter Current Flow

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:03:50 CDT 2014

Hi Tom, Crispin, and Stovers.

Thanks for the sending the documents describing John Davies stove. I have
looked at John's plans, and his burner was designed to work more on what I
would call a cross flow mechanism than a counter current flow.  John was
trying to shoot secondary air perpendicularly into the flame, whereas I am
trying to project it against the rising pyrogas and down toward the fuel
bed.  Unfortunately, I don't think that John's experience will apply here.

I encourage others to report if they have seen "counter current flow" in
TLUD burners before, and the experiences thereof.

Otherwise, muck around with the principle, and see if my provisional
enthusiasm is right, or hogwash.

Cheers,
Julien.

--