[Stoves] Trying new burner for TLUD's

Paul Taylor potaylor at bigpond.com
Fri Aug 29 14:36:08 CDT 2014

HI Paul:

I am not understanding what you want to say in your point 5 below.

As far as I can see they did chimney D of 47, 63 and 100% of stove D.
They did concentrator D of like 17, 37, 70 and 100% stove D.
They note that concentrator D = 0.7 stove D generates same burn rate as
1.0D.
They note that a chimney D = 0.63 stove D (close to 0.7D) has a burn rate
only 10% less than 1.0D.
Conclusion minor obstructions have little impact on burn rate, presumably
allowing room to have a concentrator which can optimize emissions reduction,
but I don¹t think that optimum was tested.
Good work raising questions still to be answered!

I haven¹t seen where they extrapolated 0.63 to 0.7 or any data sets of 0.5
and 0.7D in either chimney or concentrator sizes, if that is what your point
5 is referring to.

Its too bad they didn¹t do a chimney height of 0.5D, but it seems the fire
power would be down and emissions up, requiring either a higher chimney as
they explored or a more efficient combustor as Kirk explored and found.

If culture demands the short height, then Kirk-like combustor or fan forcing
seems to be needed.

Paul