[Stoves] Is LPG all that bad?

acparker at xmission.com acparker at xmission.com
Mon Dec 1 18:38:19 CST 2014

Quoting Bernhard Müller <bs_mueller at gmx.net>:

"... subject to scarcity, transportation, storage, packing, price increases."

Don't those also apply to every other fuel?

I think that the primary problem with LPG has been subsidies.
Subsidies create artificially high demand which creates scarcity and
high acquisition prices which bankrupt budgets.  LPG is not
appropriate for every market.  Every market will have a different
solution.

I wish LPG subsidies were sustainable.  Ecuador's environment
benefited tremendously from the switch to LPG.  I think they could
have strung it out a few more years, or even decades, with better
management.  I hope their induction cooker/hydroelectric scheme works
-- but the management is the same.