[Stoves] [biochar-production] Continuous TLUD for cooking

Otto Formo terra-matricula at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:15:53 CST 2014

Hello Nolbert,

Good points, but you seems to underestimate the potential for the gasfier stoves in an urban setting, using sundried woodchips and/or pellets as fuel.

A LOT of chopped Wood in the rural areas, goes to Production of charcoal for sale in the larger cities, Cash Crop, if you like.
Now they can sell sundried and prepared woodchips, reducing the demand for trees by more than 50%, less deforestation.

A clean burning stoves means, no smoke, yes.
And every child in Africa, who grew up in a rural setting, knows VERY WELL, what humid firewood during the rains, will do to Your eyes from the toxic smoke, as simple as that.

Otto F.