[Stoves] Request for technology proposals - Clean Stove Initiative, Indonesia

Crispin Pembert-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Feb 25 08:16:46 CST 2014

Dear Ron

I admit that I laughed out loud when I read this:

   5.   I repeat my conclusion that only dismal test results await any
char-making stove going through this new Crispin procedure.

Two reasons: you are still holding out faint hope that someone is going to
pretend that wood consumed by a stove is not consumed, and the title
'Crispin procedure' is flattering but unwarranted.

This test protocol is the result of years of analysing test methods for
suitability and I recently made a long post to this group naming most of the
major contributors to it, both on the social science side and the
technical/lab side.

I hope you will promote the funding opportunity available for improved and
much improved stoves in this CSI-Indonesia pilot programme which runs until
the end of the year.