[Stoves] The wood and char and fuel "debate" (was a long time ago called Re: Request for technology proposals - Clean Stove Initiative, Indonesia)

Michael Mahowald memahowald at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 10:36:47 CST 2014

You are absolutely correct Paul !
Deforestation happens all over the world with the lack of fire wood.
There simply is not enough dry sources of trees or waste from them even for TLUD's to keep even poor consumers interested in them.
We know vetiver grass has the highest photosynthetic activity of any plant, making it the most renewable energy source on the planet.   We just have to densify the grass into pellets at a cost that people can afford.  The only way we can do this is to eliminate the cost of diesel fuel to run the generator to make the pellets.
We are planning on using a downdraft gasifier for gas to accomplish this.  We just have to perfect this process and size it for a portable pelleting plant that can be taken to the fields they grow it.
When we perfect this it will be capable to work everywhere in the world that needs clean cook stoves.
If you want to see what we are doing check out
http://haitireconstruction.ning.com/page/grass-energy
and http://haitireconstruction.ning.com/page/sustainable-path-on-how-to

Michael E. MahowaldPresident
Haiti Reconstruction International952-220-6814