[Stoves] ETHOS Discussion about decentalized stove efforts

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Mon Jan 13 12:44:10 CST 2014

Dear Dr. Seifert

How much energy does it take to cook various foods?

For example, take a single egg... if I took a single egg and placed it in a "Retained Heat Cooker" that had a very large thermal mass, how much heat energy would be drawn from the thermal mass to warm the egg to cooking temperature, and to supply the heat necessary to complete the cooking reaction?

If you don't know the energy to cook an egg, perhaps there is some other "standard food", such as 1.00 kg of potatoes, rice, carrots, beans, etc. Perhaps there is a Table showing the energy required to preheat foods to cooking temperature and complete the cooking reaction. Such a Reference would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Kevin Chisholm