[Stoves] Plastic in briquettes, and potential new stove brick design. (UNCLASSIFIED)

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 11 10:18:40 CDT 2014

Stovers and briquette folks,

I thank my infrequent correspondent Robert Haston for an exceptionally
informative message that he allows me to share with all of you.

Biggest news (to me) is about the study of the inclusion of plastics
(including PET water bottles) into biomass fuel briquettes!!   Link is
given to a scientific study done in Greece.   I hope our briquette and
emissions gurus will be making comments.

I ask Robert to please help find out from his Greek contacts about the
testing of these briquettes in OTHER stoves.   I hope that will include
the TLUDs.

See also the attached about making stove structures.   Reminds me of the
low density bricks by Ken Goyer and others that come together for a
hexagon shape, but for only one size of stove.   Robert's design is
expandable.   Robert, please revise with your suggestion of possible
"lockable angles" (by having specific short straight segments instead of
smooth curve on the ends.)   I like it!!!!

Robert, thanks again for providing this info.    This could be discussed
at Stove Camp starting 10 days from now.

If replying to Robert, note that he probably does not subscribe to the
Stoves Listserv, so be sure to include his email address in
the recipients.            "Haston, Robert E LTCOL USAF (US)"
<robert.e.haston.mil at mail.mil>

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com