[Stoves] World Population and Daily Income

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Jul 12 06:10:05 CDT 2014

Dear AD

Cecil is not here to comment so I will report that the value the average rural family gets from the environment is much more than the cash income of one or two dollars a day.

>From this flow two things: ‎moving a rural family to an urban conurbation at the same salary, or even double, deepens their poverty; and the cost of stabilising a family in a city is 5 times the cost of stabilising them in a rural area.

 ‎Stabilising, he says, means a house, job, water, roads, school, health care and fuel.

The reduction of 'poverty' to a metric of cash income can hide massive differences in real world living standard.

‎So far I haven't seen a metric that is suitable for measuring 'living standard'.