[Stoves] Gas heater without flames comment

Michael N Trevor mtrevor at ntamar.net
Mon Jun 30 08:55:02 CDT 2014

This might have applicability along the line some where

New Chemical Process Could Make Ammonia a Practical Car Fuel

A phys.org article says UK researchers have made a breakthrough that could
make ammonia a practical source of hydrogen for fueling cars. From the
article: "Many catalysts can effectively crack ammonia to release the
hydrogen, but the best ones are very expensive precious metals. This new
method is different and involves two simultaneous chemical processes rather
than using a catalyst, and can achieve the same result at a fraction of the
cost. ... Professor Bill David, who led the STFC research team at the ISIS
Neutron Source, said 'Our approach is as effective as the best current
catalysts but the active material, sodium amide, costs pennies to produce.
We can produce hydrogen from ammonia "on demand" effectively and
affordably.'" The full paper. The researchers claim that a two-liter
reaction chamber could produce enough hydrogen to power a typical sedan.