[Stoves] SNV results in Camaroon including TLUD issues

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:43:47 CST 2014

[Default] On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:21:08 -0500,Crispin Pembert-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>Acceptance of the stove for non-technical reasons is the major course of
>programme failure. We should not beat around the bush. Social acceptability
>can be assessed using Cecil Cook's 9 dimensions, which he likes to put in a
>spider chart with 5 (best/acceptable) in the centre and 1 at the outside
>edge.  The dots are connected producing a 'web'.  Highly acceptable stoves
>have the points (scores) clustered in the centre with perhaps some outlying
>arms here and there. Poorly accepted stoves have a large diameter web mostly
>traced around the periphery.

Crispin, a picture  would help, maybe of one chart of a poorly
accepted stove and one of a highly accepted on using Cecil's web.

To my mind this has always been the crux of propagating superior
performing stoves in economically deprived communities, if we had been
able to come up with a stove with vastly superior advantages it would
have taken of just like the PC, Ipad or cell phone did in advanced
economies.

AJH