[Stoves] upside down bathtub drain effect

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Fri Mar 7 10:44:43 CST 2014

Is those are your legs ; I have to ask what the water is hitting below…

On the diffuser,
Kobus Venter, John Davies and I also tried to diffuse the gassified flame on Kobus' then emerging gassier stove, (~2004/5), by replicating a normal LP gas burner top. We simply cut off end of a tin can (sides were about 1" high--enough to just fit into the stove top) . We added a series of ⅛" dia  holes not on the top but on all round the  side wall  tin can.

The flame jets actually  turned white -blue not unlike a regular gas stove but that took some fudzing to get fuel air balance right : The steaks tasted of the wood and charcoal that the briquettes were made of; incredible! The only problem was that to achieve this was tricky and unstable. Very fussy issues, such as to fuel load rate, air flow, bed thickness and all the other things you all of the gassification fraternity get into. I hang on the sidelines waiting for the perfect solution, perhaps for Godot.

Richard/ Nicaragua
 Pietermaritsburg and Paulshoft South africa ~2005