[Stoves] Fwd: March 2014 Update

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 17:21:24 CDT 2014

	The following could be of interest to some list members.

	Roughly in the middle of the right hand column list below is notice of a new WBT4.2.3 protocol release.   The URL for that is
                    http://www.cleancookstoves.org/blog/release-wbt-protocol-4-2-3.html

and
             http://www.cleancookstoves.org/our-work/standards-and-testing/learn-about-testing-protocols/

	I have only had time to skim, but it appears that char is still being handled in the old (acceptable) manner.  I am talking about a subtraction in the denominator of entry W-35 for thermal efficiency on the sheets for Test1, Test2 and Test3.

	Many pages of detailed explanation and I think some new outputs.  The description of entry W-35 is on around p 39 of the protocol, found at:
http://www.cleancookstoves.org/our-work/standards-and-testing/learn-about-testing-protocols/protocols/downloads/wbt-protocol.pdf

Ron

Begin forwarded message: