[Stoves] Fwd: March 2014 Update

Jock Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Thu Mar 27 17:31:13 CDT 2014

Ron,

No where in the mission statement

> to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions.

does it mention improving agricultural yields and quality.  If this is not in the mission statement, why should we expect this benefit to be a key metric in the standards they promote?

Not including the agricultural and economic benefits of biochar in their overall vision means that pyrolytic stoves have to compete with simple combustion devices with at least one hand tied behind the back.  Not at all a level playing field.

Thoughts,

Jock

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3