[Stoves] Three traditional Indonesian charcoal stoves

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri May 9 22:12:51 CDT 2014

Dear Crispin, and to Cecil Cook also, and others,

On 5/9/2014 6:59 AM, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote: [referring to
Indonesia]:

> There are many tiny stoves used for tea making. In fact most people
> have 4 or 5 stoves of different sizes. The smallest one I saw was
> about the size of a coffee cup. All the little ones are charcoal
> burning. Charcoal is a tiny portion of the fuel supply, however.

Please tell us more about these numerous and tiny stoves and their uses
and fuels.   Because....

This makes me think of the tiny TLUD stoves that are commonly made of
tincanium (tin cans) but do a great job of small cooking and heating tea
water, etc.   Knowing what the Indonesians are doing will help us
understand what options might be also acceptable.